After we finish the discussion questions from our previous class, we will be discussing Chapters 5-6 of OPF on "Genetic Engineering" and "Why We Should Worry." You will have another in-class group assignment. Your group today -- and throughout this unit -- will be your biotech research group.
1. Download this set of discussion questions: Chapters 5-6 (DOC)
2. Again, your group will be responsible for answering the question that corresponds to your group number and defining the one vocabulary term that corresponds to your group number.
You will have approximately 15 minutes to formulate your responses, which you will record on your eWorksheet.
3. In addition, you will also formulate one analytical question raised by the questions you answered or the responses you gave. This should be a question that can potentially generate class discussion.
4. Your group will then present your responses to the class -- for discussion. Your presentation is worth 15 points.
BIOTECH PRESENTATIONS for next class
Biotech projects/presentations are due. Be sure to review all the specifics for presentation requirements, sources, etc.
1. PowerPoint (or other format visual) presentations are due by 7:50 a.m. on the day of class. If it is not in by 7:50 a.m. it will be counted late. Obviously, I need only one PowerPoint per group. You must deposit this on the X drive at the following location
Teacher Folders/Rose/Biotech A3 or B1
2. The written portion of your group project (including the works cited) is to be printed out and handed to me at the time of your presentation. This written report should be approximately 3 double-spaced pages PLUS a page for your "Works Cited." Remember: You must cite your sources -- or you will not pass! The paper and the Works Cited must be in MLA format.