You will receive a hardcopy packet of multiple-choice questions to complete in class, while working and discussing in groups. However, you should download the following two documents first:
1: A.P. Multiple-Choice Stems -- types of questions you can expect (DOCX)
2: A.P. Poetry multiple choice question strategies and practice questions (PDF)
1. Read through the poems given in your MC questions packet before reading the corresponding questions
2. Annotate key points -- use of imagery, figurative language, and other language resources.
3. Read the individual questions and apply the techniques given in the strategies download
4. Eliminate all answers you know to be incorrect
5. Choose the best answer -- and then be prepared to explain why it's the correct response.